Friday, February 5, 2010

this week on Garden Gossip

This week on Garden Gossip we talked about what to do in your garden in Feb.
We also had a winner in the Name that Plant contest. If you didn't hear the answer to this (and last) week's Name that Plant contest was Nettles...yes, they are good to eat, use them to dye your clothes green and flogging someone with them will wake them up! Anyway, next week we will have another contest. I think I will plant more Dahlias this year. I had such an abundance of them in the past and I think the gophers ate them. Anyway, they are very rewarding. I have always ordered them on line from Connell's Dahlias in Washington, because the selection is fabulous.
Here is a photo of what you have to look forward to if you plant Dahlias...
I love them in combination with Sunflowers. And as you can see they are beautiful as cut flowers!














No comments:

Post a Comment